I am meek when it comes to give out my opinion. I do have some good point of views on certain issues, but that's it. That type of opinion will only be tweet and end just like that. Sometimes I'll discuss it with a friends, but I'm not really good in recalling something in detail. Without a data to support my argument, my points can't be presented clearly.
Because I have been quiet for some times in this blog, I think it's best if I update it with something. No, I'm not writing about myself. Because apparently I just realized that nobody is giving any shit about me. This is a transcript of my speech, which I presented for my public speaking class. After I harshly forced my tiny brain for a topic, I finally came out with the idea of 'Renewable energy'.
Good morning Prof Zulkifli and my fellow classmates.
Just look at around us. In this era of post-Edison, everything, including the air cond, the lamp, the computer and even the hot water you used to warm your body at early in the morning is powered by electricity. Unfortunately, the electricity as we know it is not primordial. It need to be generated from the burning of coal, which in effects pollute the environment.
Ladies and gentlemen, according to the data from IEA (International Energy Agency), 67% of the total electricity generated in the world is through fossil fuel. This percentage had increased exponentially in the last few decades, particularly contributed by the countries that undergone rapid industrial revolution like China. In researching this speech, I learned that fossil fuel is limited and will diminish in 2042. We're only few years before we had this energy-apocalypse. And as for today, I will talk about three alternative energy generation – Wind energy, hydroelectric dam and nuclear fusion
The first is Wind turbines........... Bla3 insert shit here..........
ok I'm fucking lazy to rewrite the full transcript. Will just paste the outline. That if you're even interested to read it........
I. A wind turbines converts kinetic energy from the wind to mechanical energy.
A. 1. Wind energy is the most natural way to generate electricity
2. Wind is available freely and virtually unlimited
3. The generation of electricity through wind don’t pollute the environment
B. 1. It is widely used in Europe because of the favourable climate. In Germany it makes up to 40% of total renewable energy generation
2. According to the world wind energy report 2010, 6.5% of Germany's total electricity consumption was generated by winds
3. Wind technology has provide Germany huge benefit in term of economy, social and environment.
II. Hydroelectric is generated through the use of the gravitational force of falling or flowing water in a dam
A. 1. It is the most widely used form of renewable energy, accounting for 16 percent of global electricity consumption
2. The reservoir act like a battery, storing potential energy in the form of water
3. Highly dynamic and it can be adjusted according to how much energy is needed at specific time
B. Suitable to build in a large country with a big lakes and fast flowing of water
1. This type of energy generation don’t depend of raw materials
2. Most of the plants nowadays are fully automatic and doesn’t require many employee
3. It can operate for many years after built (50 – 100 years)
III. In nuclear plants, electricity is generated through the heat occur during nuclear fission.
A. 1. There are several varieties of Uranium, but Uranium-235 is the most important to the production of nuclear plants
2. The splitting of an atom releases an incredible amount of heat and is used to boil water to drives turbine generator
3. To prevent overheating, control rods are inserted into the uranium and raising or lower it can control the rate of nuclear reaction
B. Uranium is available readily on earth’s core and can be mined with conventional mining method
1. The emission of carbon dioxide in nuclear power plant is minimal
2. Nuclear fission produces roughly a million times more energy per unit weight than fossil fuel
3. High amount of energy can be generated from a single nuclear power plant. Also, nuclear fuel is inexpensive and easier to transport
I. As we have seen, renewable energy is the future to clean and efficient ways of electric generation.
II. Let’s recall three method of renewable energy generation that are wind turbines, hydroelectric dam and nuclear fission
III. As we progress in science and technology, latest research enables us to overcome the current limitations of today’s technology