Friday, December 18, 2009

Greed is good

Today,I hailed for a taxi.I was late and in rush.Sadly,he don't want to stop because he was not working and using the taxi as a private use(he bring along his wife to where I don't know). Disappointed,I sat back.Then,another taxi passed by and the same thing happened.Both of the cab didn't want to stop and you know what race the driver was(sorry,no offence but this is reality).Luckily for me because not long after that a taxi stopped and this time the driver was(you know what race the driver is,the same like the two just now).Actually,this is not the first time I encountered this problem.Mostly,the taxi didn't want to stop because they already had a passenger and to stop and took me was a waste of time(although I want to go to the same place).

My home is very far from the bus stand and to get there,I have to walk about 0.5km to the nearest bust stop. The bus is very hard to get and I only have to take taxi.Arghhh...damn..cant wait to get my license.Stick to the topic,I don't want to emphasizes about where I went and what I did.I just want to express my opinion based on the famous quote by the father of capitalist,"greed is good".Why do the capitalist system is condemned?That because they are greed,oppressed the poor and make the rich richer.Recently,the financial crisis that hit America was blamed on the CEO of major company because of their greed in investment.Unemployment is high and GDP shrined.So,what did the government did to help ease the burden of people during the turmoil?Nothing.Yes,nothing because the USD700 billion stimulus package was allocated for the failed bank and company(the one that caused the financial crisis).What did the taxpayer get in favor?They demanded for health care reform,sadly it was dismissed.

What did the "greed is good" have in correlation with the taxi that refuse to stop?These driver,they don't want to stop because they already had a passenger and don't want to be greed by taking another passenger.These malay guy(sorry,no offence)had been told by their grandparents"jangan tamak,orang tamak selalu rugi".So,they were used to it until they were working.This is why we(the malaysian)cannot be a developed country if everybody adapting this belief.Fetching me would only cost him few cent and he can also think that,but this kind of belief is totally lame!In business,this situation is called mutual.I get benefit and so did him.We're helping each other.I need his service and he provide it.But today,what happened was I need service but he refuse to give.

I was laughing when the governor proudly announced that Malaysia is not badly affected by the financial crisis.Only stupid people will believe this and proudly say "undilah barisan,mereka hebat dalam ekonomi"..hahaa...yes,true,Malaysia is not badly affected by the financial crisis,but not because proper management in finance,this is because;

1.Protectionist in economy
2.Tight loan approval
3.Very few derivative product
4.No subprime mortgage and easy loan
5.We are saver,not spender

So,can we proud because of this?yes,and no.Yes,because we can survive in the financial tsunami.No,because that what make our economy system wasn't developed for a long time.





I am not an economist nor a politician.The view expressed here is just my personal opinion.I love Malaysia.







No comments:

Share this lulz